This Oracle PL/SQL Tutorial course teaches you how to use basics of PL/SQL programming language.
PL/SQL is the procedural extension of SQL language.
PL/SQL Tutorial Introduction
PL/SQL (Procedural Language / Structured Query Language) is the procedural extension of SQL language.
PL/SQL is a programming language that provides accessing data from a relational database-oriented objects.
PL/SQL is a language with block structure.
Supports the basic SQL commands
Defining and managing blocks of instructions
Management of variables, constants and cursors
Allow implementation and use complex procedures, functions and triggers
Detection and handling execution errors, exceptions
PL/SQL is a language focused on blocks. These blocks are composed of procedures, functions and anonymous blocks.
A PL/SQL block is composed of three parts:
Declaration – all block objects like variable must be declared
Execution – is the place where pl/sql or sql statements are defined for the data processing
Exceptions – the place where you can catch the errors
1. Introduction to PL/SQL
- What is PL/SQL – introduction to PL/SQL programming language and its basic SQL commands.
- PL/SQL Blocks – shows you how to create and use PL/SQL anonymous blocks.
- PL/SQL Variables – shows you the types of variables and how to declare variables.
- Oracle PL/SQL Data Types – in this section are presented the main types of data used like number, varchar2, date, blob.
- PL/SQL Functions – a list with built-in SQL functions in Oracle Database.
2. Conditional and Loop Statements
4. Exception Handling
5. Collections and Records
6. Stored Procedures, Functions and Packages
7. PL/SQL Triggers
8. PL/SQL Tutorial